



Most of what photographers do at weddings could be called wedding photojournalism. We're there to document the day as it unfolds. Of course the group shots will have to be set up, I like to have a half hour alone with the bride and groom to do the "romance" shots. Shots of each of you, some traditional poses, some high fashion/magazine looks and some action shots. I'll give you some direction, and through this we will have captured moments that look like they happened naturally. I'm not saying that those moments won't be happening all day in the presence of all your family, friends and guests. I like it when my couples see each other before the ceremony in an intimate setting. It's an amazing moment when you see each other in your wedding garb on your wedding day. There is an air of excitement and anticipation, not only of your wedding ceremony but your whole life together! It is so meaningful! Sometimes it's hard to experience a true intimate moment when there are a couple hundred of your guests watching, not to mention the distractions that you will have. My advice is to be present in the moment - smile & be happy, linger in the looks, hugs, embraces, let the tears flow, and don't sweat the small stuff, like a little dirt on the bottom of your dress! It should be the most amazing day of your life and hopefully you will savor every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment