

Getting your hair and makeup done on your wedding day should be an fun and easy. You should feel like a princess afterwards, pampered and pretty. Your hair should look beautiful and your make up should be natural and comfortable. However, it is super important that you do a trial run before the wedding, to avoid common mishaps. The worst things that I have seen? I've seen a bride break out in hives because she was allergic to the makeup artist's products. I've seen a bride in tears because she hated her hair. I've seen a bride getting hair extensions the day of and be one and a half hours late to her own wedding. I've seen a bride's mascara running down her face from crying during the ceremony because it wasn't waterproof. I've seen make up get cakey and smeared in the heat and humidity! If you are wearing your hair down, flyaway hairs are a concern if you are on the beach and it's hot and breezy. The hair sticks to the face. It can create a mustache effect when you have a tendril cross over the face, usually crossing an eye, and above the lip. Sounds freaky, but I've seen it so many times! I've had a bride try colored contacts on her wedding day, which irritated her eyes and turned them bright red, swollen and bloodshot. MAJOR ISSUE: If your bridesmaids are getting their makeup and hair done also, please start early! I've seen brides running so late because everyone else was taking so long with their hair and make up. It's a nice idea to have everyone get their hair and make up done, but it is the bride's day, and it should NEVER hold you up and make you late for your own wedding!! I'm not going to show you any disaster pictures, but here are a few pix of recent brides who did good! They had updos that looked young and pretty, and makeup that was simple, and elegant!
No comments:
Post a Comment